The best child bike seats
- Coupons and Deals are valid at the time of posting and it may expire anytime.
- We may get a commission if you purchase this Product from the Seller. But It does not add any additional cost to the buyer while buying products.
- Join our FB Group for Daily Deals!!
Riding with a child from a young age is one of the best ways to introduce them to a long life love of cycling, but until they’re up to speed and pedaling under their own steam, having them on board with you is a great way to get you all on your bike. A child bike seat attachment is in existence just for that.
There are two main styles of child bike seats – front mounted child bike seat and rear mounted child bike seat. These are both suitable for carrying a child from around six months, when they can sit up unaided, up to between four and six years old.
Here are the best child bike seat attachments in the market :
iBert Child Bicycle Safe-T-Seat
The bright colors of this child bike seat will be fun for your child and also help drivers and fellow riders see you on the road. The bike seat attachment is mounted behind the handlebars to ensure stability and visibility for the adult rider. Your little one will have fun engaging in pretend play by pretending to drive with the attached toy steering wheel, which also happens to be padded for added safety. This front-mounted bike seat attachment will hold a child up to 38 pounds.
Paediatrician Amy Liu, M.D., M.P.H., an Assistant Professor in the Department of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, says “front-mounted seats are typically sized only for younger kids,” so keep this in mind when you make your purchase.
iBert Child Bicycle Safe-T-Seat, Green
7 used from $80.18
- Center mounted provides a better center of gravity and increased mobility for the adult rider
- Better view and more enjoyable ride for the child
- The child safely positioned behind the handlebars allows for better communication
- Unlike trailers - no dirt, rocks or water thrown in the child's face
- Easier, safer Loading and unloading of the child.Maximum Weight: 38 lbs
2. Burley Dash Rack Mount
There are different models of this child bike seat so you can pick the one that fits your needs the best, but all of them have easy tool-free installation. Kids up to 40 pounds can ride in the seat, which can be placed into three different positions to ensure the rider has enough space.
The child bike seat also has removable and washable padding—a necessity for young, messy kids—and an adjustable five-point harness strap. It’s also designed with armrests, a storage compartment, and a back reflector for visibility. The footrest adjusts to four different positions, ensuring that you and your kiddo are both comfy.
Burley Dash Child Bike Seat
- Adventure is accessible and fun with the Burley Dash Frame Mount child seat. A closer to the child e
3. Blackburn CoPilot Cabbie Child Carrier
There aren’t a ton of bells and whistles on this front-mounted bike seat, but it gets the job done (and does so safely). It’s design gives the rider a clear line of vision, is easy to install and is brightly colored to ensure visibility on the street.
The seat has a three-point harness to buckle your child in, and it can be adjusted to fit them as they grow.
CoPilot Taxi Child Carrier
- Bright color for high visibility and new rear light mount and reflector
- Removable and washable, thick, full coverage seat pad - Quick-Release mounting system
- Quick-Release grab bar and 3-point harness and enclosed foot wells with spoke guard
- Additional security strap limits rearward seat movement - high sides and setback with molded helmet rest
- For non disc brake bikes. Disc brake bike racks sold separately.
4. WeeRide Kangaroo LTD Center Mounted Front-Facing Child Carrier Seat
Once your child hits that one-year mark, you can feel comfortable taking them for a ride in this child bike seat, which is lined with extra padding, has a five-point safety harness, and has a padded front bumper where your little one can rest their head for naps. The padded bumper also offers extra protection in the event of an unexpected fast stop.
The child bike seat is designed so that the child is visible to the rider at all times without impairing their line of vision. This model is great for younger toddlers up to 33 pounds. According to Dr. Liu, a child should be at least 12 months old to ride along with an adult on their bike, and they also must be able to sit up unsupported with a bicycle helmet on.
WeeRide Kangaroo Child Bike Seat, Grey
- Center-mounted child bike seat with safe, comfortable front-row view
- Sturdy steel/plastic housing installs on almost any adult bike
- Seat harness, padded front bumper and height-adjustable foot cups
- Steel support bar doesn't interfere with brake cables or bike gear
- For kids ages 1 year and up; maximum capacity of 33 pounds
5. UrRider Child Bike Seat
Bigger toddlers who are stable on their bikes and are able (and willing) to sit still can ride on this front-facing child seat which securely attaches to the bike’s frame and folds down when not in use. The handle on the seat is lined with a non-slip material so you don’t have to worry about your kid losing their grip.
The foot pedals are adjustable to meet your child’s comfort needs. One important note is that, while this seat can hold a child up to 110 pounds or 4.1 feet tall (whichever comes first), bike mounts should really only be used for kids who are 12 months to 4 years of age and less than 40 pounds, according to Dr. Liu.
UrRider Child Bike Seat, Portable, Foldable & Ultralight Front Mount Baby Kids' Bicycle Carrier with Handrail for Mountain Bikes, Hybrid Bikes, Fitness Bikes
3 used from $74.05
6. FenglinTech Child Bike Seat
If you own a mountain bike, you may find that a lot of child bike seats aren’t compatible with your model. This seat works well with mountain bikes but is best for the tots who are a little older and have some stability since they are not strapped in. The seat can be easily attached and detached, has adjustable pedals for your child to rest their feet, and can hold up to 55 pounds.
As a general rule for all bikes with child bike seat attachments, but especially for parents who ride mountain bikes off-trail, pediatrician Amy Liu suggests adults stick to bike paths, park trails, quiet streets, and only ride in good weather conditions to prevent injury.
FenglinTech Child Bike Seats, Quick Dismounting Seat Bicycle Electrombile Preposed Safety Seat with Armrest and Pedal Easy to Installment - Black
- DURABLE- Made of quality material, durable to use. Neat appearance make travel fashion and full of fun.
- COMFORTABLE- The wide padded seat and backrest ensures a comfortable riding position.
- NOTICE- The installation of the fixed seat stem position width in 2.8 cm-4.2 cm/1.1''-1.7''.
- EASY TO INSTALL- Installation and removal with quick-release mechanism, easy to installation, easy to install on standard front seat and universal for most of bike.
- APPLICATION- Driver can keep an eye on the child and the road, center location means better handling, very convenient and safe for you and children going out by bike.
7. Schwinn Deluxe Bicycle Mounted Child Carrier
If you’re hoping to get a child bike seat that will grow with your child between ages 1 to 4, this is the one you want. It’s easy to assemble and is safe for kids as young as one and up to 40 pounds (or four years old, whichever comes first).
It comes equipped with a three-point harness strap, leg restraints across the adjustable footrests (so they can’t kick and throw off your balance), a padded crossbar for added safety, and a removable headrest for comfort. The seat is also designed with air vents so it won’t create resistance for the rider, and it will help keep your child cooler.
Schwinn Deluxe Bicycle Mounted Child Carrier/Bike Seat For Children, Toddlers, and Kids, 3-Point Harness, Adjustable Headrest, Padded Crossbar
3 used from $79.83
- Enjoy safe, family-bonding bicycle rides with this deluxe child seat made with lightweight, polypropylene construction
- The frame mounted rear bike seat is easily assembled, making getting ready for the next adventure hassle free
- The quick release 3 point harness, leg restraints, and padded cross bar offer added safety, while the adjustable footwells and removable headrest provide even more comfort for your little rider
- The child seat is vented to prevent wind drag, and your little one will appreciate the custom comfort padding that supports their back and the air cushioned pad that lines the seat
- This child seat has a 40 pound maximum weight and is recommended for children 1+
8. Hamax Caress Rear Child Bike Seat
This child bike seat mounts to the bike’s frame but is designed to sit back a little further from the rider to allow them plenty of room to move around as needed. It can hold up to 48.5 pounds, has varying recline options for your child’s size and comfort—from 0 to 20 degrees—and is shock-absorbing so your child will have as comfortable a ride as possible.
Finally, the seat back, footrests, foot straps, and three-point harness are all designed to grow with your child and can be adjusted with one hand by the parent.
Hamax Caress Rear Child Bike Seat - Rack Mount, Ultra-Shock Absorbing, Adjustable to Fit Kids (Baby Through Toddler) 9 mo - 48.5 lb.
- Rear position seat for children 9 mo – 48.5* lb; All adjustable features designed for single-hand operation to ensure stability.
- RACK MOUNT Option: Ultra shock-absorbing, dual-bar spring suspension adapter attaches to pre-installed cargo/luggage/carrier racks (fits racks 120-180mm wide with 10-20mm diameter tubes). Anti-theft lock. See separate listing for FRAME MOUNT Option.
- Safety-certified, award-winning Scandinavian design; Meets tough European and ASTM safety standards.
- Reclining seat for sleep positions from 0-20°; comfortable design allows room for helmet.
- Shipped from WA. Typical delivery in 5-7 business days.
Whether you’re an avid biker or just need a way to get your rowdy toddler outside now and then, having a child seat attached to your bicycle will do wonders. It presents a wonderful opportunity to share a bike ride with your kiddo who probably isn’t quite old enough to ride their own bike alongside you.
However, not all child bike seats are alike, and your and your child’s safety are the most important factors to consider in your purchase. Your child bike seat should be comfortable and easy to install.