10 Best Cordless Impact Wrenches
- Coupons and Deals are valid at the time of posting and it may expire anytime.
- We may get a commission if you purchase this Product from the Seller. But It does not add any additional cost to the buyer while buying products.
- Join our FB Group for Daily Deals!!
A cordless impact wrench is said to be a mechanic’s best mate. It’s difficult to argue with that argument when it comes to time saved! These tools are an excellent addition to any workshop, and they’re often used in fabrication, building, and even demolition.
Air-powered impact wrenches were once popular, and they still are in some applications. Cordless devices, on the other hand, have made tremendous strides forward as new technology has improved battery and motor capacity. These handy devices are much less cumbersome than their pneumatic counterparts and work just as well.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best-performing cordless impact wrenches on the market. We have something for you if you need high speed, high torque, or a combination of the two. Consider a cordless impact driver if you want something smaller and lighter with a hex anvil.
List of 10 BEST CORDLESS IMPACT WRENCHES
- Massive 700ft-lbs torque power
- 3 Speed settings
- LED work light integrated
- Brushless motor
The DEWALT DCF899HB cordless impact wrench is a fantastic all-around entry into the category, packed with a great collection of features at a price that won’t break the bank. This wrench blends great strength with long battery life thanks to the new 20V brushless motor technology.
Looking at the numbers, this wrench produces 700ft-lbs of full torque, which is comparable to the category leaders. On the loosening hand, it has a breakaway torque of 1200ft-lbs, which puts it on par with some of the more expensive tools.
From an ergonomic standpoint, this wrench weighs in at a modest 5.8 pounds, so it’s far from large. It has an integrated LED work light to help you see what you’re doing and three speeds: 0-400, 1200, and 1900 RPM – to cover a range of work scenarios.
This is a fantastic cordless impact wrench at a fair price, backed by hundreds of positive buyer feedback. Buyers in commercial settings may want to choose one of the more costly tools, but for the vast majority of applications, this wrench will suffice. A detent anvil edition is also available here.
Key Features :
- Great wrench at an affordable price.
- Mid-level torquing power in a lightweight package.
- 3-speed settings.
- Integrated work light.
- Great battery life
The P261 from Ryobi may be the solution for buyers who aren’t concerned with huge torque. The 18V 4ah Lithium-ion battery in this mid-level cordless impact wrench builds on Ryobi’s common ONE battery technology, providing owners with impressive run time and power.
Although it may not be the most powerful in terms of maximum torque, the 300ft-lbs available will suffice for all but the most demanding applications. This is a nice little kit at an inexpensive price, with three-speed settings and helpful light. It’s also worth mentioning that this is a very light wrench, making it suitable for construction work where you’ll be jumping about a lot and torquing a lot of fasteners to a medium torque.
The P261 comes with a battery and charger, so all you need to get started is included.
Key Features :
- Massive 1000ft-lbs of tightening torque,
- Huge 1400ft-lbs of loosening – perfect for stubborn bolts.
- Small unit,
- 4-speed settings and integrated light,
- A great option for commercial and heavy-duty applications
When it comes to all-out results, the Milwaukee 2767 is the tool of choice for the pros. This impact wrench is widely regarded as the best in its class, with exceptional torque, cutting-edge features, and exceptional build quality.
The Milwaukee offers 1000 ft-lbs of fastening torque and 1400 ft-lbs of loosening torque, comfortably making it the perfect option for challenging applications. After you’ve loosened the bolt, this wrench has one of the quickest removal speeds, so you can move on to the next one right away.
This tool is small for its class, with 4-speed settings and work light, allowing you to reach into tight spaces where other wrenches and pneumatics can’t. It is marginally heavier than the competition, but only by a small margin, and the increased performance is well worth the extra weight.
The Milwaukee 2767 cordless impact wrench is the last cordless impact wrench you’ll ever need.
INGERSOLL RAND W7150-K22
Key Features :
- Powerful wrench with 780/1100ft-lbs of torque power,
- Light for its power level at 6.8lbs,
- 1-speed setting,
- A Reliable tool from a premium manufacturer
The Ingersoll Rand W7150 is a decent unit that deserves a look, even if it isn’t quite as strong as the Milwaukee wrench. This long-standing design was a mainstay in many repair shops, and it has a lot of history and durability that can still compete with newer models.
This wrench is no slouch, boasting 1100 ft-lbs of loosening torque and 780 ft-lbs of tightening torque. Unlike some of the newer versions, it still uses a brushed motor, but it is remarkably light at just 6.8 pounds. With a maximum speed of 1900 rpm, this impact wrench is very hard, and it will certainly remove bolts quickly so you can work efficiently.
However, this tool is somewhat lacking in terms of features, as it only has one speed and no working light. Many people would happily give up that for improved results and dependability, but it’s worth remembering when compared to Milwaukee.
Key Features :
- High RPMs for fast tightening and removal,
- Lightweight tool for repetitive tasks,
- 3-speed settings,
- Auto-stops helpful for fabrication and automotive.
- Comparatively low torque
Next up is Makita’s XWT11Z, which is a smaller variant. This is a lightweight cordless impact wrench, weighing just 3.8 pounds, but for the right use, it’ll be a great option.
This Makita, which has a maximum torque of 210ft-lbs, will be a great match for buyers looking for low torque, fast, and lightweight machines. This is combined with a high RPM, making this wrench suitable for routine tasks like cutting wheel nuts.
Makita has also integrated some clever features, such as the auto-off feature for removing nuts, into this design. This ingenious design prevents you from losing nuts and will undoubtedly come in handy in the automotive industry.
This little impact wrench, which is powered by a Lithium-ion battery and a brushless motor, is ideal for long days and has a longer battery life than the competition. This impact wrench will be your dream come true for some types of applications.
Key Features :
- Powerful mid-high level wrench,
- 740ft-lbs tightening & 1180 ft-lbs reverse,
- LED light,
- Lithium battery,
- Brushless 3 speed motor torque.
The Makita XWT08Z is the bigger brother of the XWT11Z, and it’s a different impact wrench with distinct applications. This model is better suited to more challenging tasks and packs a lot more power into a bigger device.
This wrench is on the heavier side, weighing in at 7.8 pounds, but it has a lot of torque strength. This cordless impact wrench is no slouch, with 740ft-lbs of tightening strength and 1180ft-lbs in reverse. A 3-speed controller is attached to the brushless motor, allowing you to keep all that power under control for more precise work.
This gadget has an integrated LED light and a Lithium-ion battery, as well as all the modern features you’d expect from a great wrench. This is a great all-purpose wrench for a shop setting, easily outperforming its corded competition.
Key Features :
- Great value mid-to-high power wrench,
- 3 preset tightening settings,
- 3 preset speeds,
- Brushless motor and Lithium Battery,
- Comes with a case, battery and charger.
The ACDelco is a lesser-known brand that packs a lot of features into this machine, making it a strong contender. The ARI2002 is a mid-to-high-power torque wrench that can handle even the most difficult torque jobs.
One of the machine’s standout features is its three preset tightening modes, which will help you easily and reliably achieve the desired fastening tightness. Fabricators and automotive applications that need precise torques would benefit greatly from this.
With 738 ft-lbs of tightening torque and 1100 ft-lbs of reverse torque, this cordless impact wrench is among the most powerful. There’s no need to be worried about battery efficiency with the brushless motor and lithium-ion battery.
This wrench, which has three-speed settings, is a perfect alternative to many of the more well-known brands, and it comes with a durable case, charger, and battery for a great price.
Key Features :
- Affordable mid-power offering
- 20V Lithium battery
- 650ft-lbs of torque power
- Battery and charger included
- Great for home applications
Porter Cable’s PCC740LA, a lesser-known brand, has earned rave reviews from buyers. This is a mid-power cordless impact wrench, which means it will work well in all but the most demanding applications.
This torque wrench has a torque level of 650 ft-lbs and spins at 1600 RPM. This 6lb wrench is powered by a 20V lithium battery and is very small. Buyers working in high-precision applications would appreciate the maximum variable speed trigger, which allows you to set the speed precisely. This is a minor departure from other designs, which only allow variable speeds at the lower end of their speed range.
This wrench is ready to use and comes with a charger. It will get you up and running quickly and at a low cost. You won’t be dissatisfied with the majority of DIY and home applications.
- Neiko 10878A
Key Features :
- A Great mid-power affordable option
- Variable speed trigger
- 300ft-lbs of torque
- Comes with sockets, charger, battery, and case
- Rubberized grip
Another low-cost choice, Neiko’s cordless impact wrench is a great value if you need speed but not a lot of strength. This wrench is no slouch, spinning at 3500rpm and capable of torque up to 300ft-lbs.
This wrench would operate more like a cordless drill than any of the other cordless impact wrenches in this review because it has a variable speed trigger rather than different speed settings.
Nieko has spent a lot of time thinking about how easy this concept is to use, and they’ve included a convenient battery indicator so you can say when it’s time to replace it. They also came with a belt connection and the usual rubberizing you’d find on higher-end wrenches.
This wrench comes with a variety of socket attachments, a convenient carry case, battery, and charger, and is possibly better suited to the home mechanic. This is a great option for a reasonably priced entry into the cordless impact wrench field, and many buyers agree.
Key Features :
- Mid-to-high power wrench
- Variable speed trigger design
- Bosch tool interchangeable batteries
- Reduced vibration and user fatigue
- Integrated LED light
The IWHT180B is another friction ring offering from Bosch, this time from the tool giant. This is a mid-level model that produces 500 ft-lbs of torque in a well-made box.
This design is relatively light, with a slim nose that allows it to fit into tight spaces, and it is cross-compatible with other Bosch cordless devices. This would be accepted by customers who enjoy using their cordless drills and saws.
Control is provided by a variable speed lever, and this wrench will spin up to 1900rpm, which is adequate but not exceptional. The wrench includes an integrated light and a spring-loaded internal hammer mechanism that reduces user fatigue by reducing vibration.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING A CORDLESS IMPACT WRENCH
- Torqueing Power (Ft. Lbs): The most important component! High torque power is important, but it isn’t always required. It’s appropriate if you regularly work on high-torque applications like seized bolts. However, there is usually a cost. Higher-powered wrenches are typically bigger, heavier, and more costly. Getting the extra strength, on the other hand, is always good to have. This is particularly true if you work on several projects and never know what you’ll run into.
- Weight: The weight of certain cordless impact wrenches is greater than that of others. It’s well worth your time to think about your application. You’ll appreciate a lighter weight wrench if you fly for work or do small, repetitive tasks. When you switch from fastening to fastening, it will help you work much faster and reduce arm fatigue.
- Speed (RPM): Speed is an important factor in some applications. A quicker cordless impact wrench will save you a lot of time if you have a lot of routine fastenings to do. You’ll be able to get more done in a day as well. Some devices have variable speed settings, which is helpful if you have a lot of routine tasks to do. This is because you won’t have to fully depress the button to reach full speed, minimizing hand fatigue. For home use, a simple one-speed system with a variable speed trigger is sufficient. The good news is that it is frequently less expensive.
- Battery & Brand Compatibility: Many consumers find it easier to stick to one brand to ensure that their batteries work across all of their devices. If you want a DEWALT wrench, you can also use the same battery and charger for saws, drills, and other cordless tools. We firmly advise you to do this for the sake of convenience. Sticking to the more well-known brands is generally preferable to trying to find a fast bargain.
- Anvil Type: You can need a detent-type anvil or a hog ring anvil, depending on your sockets. To protect the socket, detent rings use a small ball on the side of the anvil. Hog rings, on the other side, protect the socket with a small wire loop. Detent rings are more common these days, but some people find them a little more difficult to remove than hog rings. Overall, make sure your sockets are compatible if you have any. Otherwise, we prefer detent anvils because they are more convenient.
- Anvil Size: Many of the wrenches in this review have a standard 12” square anvil that matches a wide range of standard sockets. However, this isn’t the only anvil size available. If you have any specialty sockets that need a different size, you can check them right away.
As an intelligent consumer, you need the right guide to take advantage of the best effect on spending. You can carry out your DIY tasks effectively with the right method. You can loosen, tighten and execute drilling tasks quickly and effectively. And all the above-mentioned products are easily available on Amazon.com.
That’s all for our in-depth guide to help you choose the best impact wrench according to your need. You can check out our in-depth shopping guides to make more such well informed buying decisions.