Best Electric Pianos for Beginners/ Students : The Best of 2021
- Coupons and Deals are valid at the time of posting and it may expire anytime.
- We may get a commission if you purchase this Product from the Seller. But It does not add any additional cost to the buyer while buying products.
- Join our FB Group for Daily Deals!!
We’re taking a look at the best digital pianos that would suit students. This means they have to be relatively portable in case they need to be transported to and from college accommodation or to gigs, compact enough to fit in bedrooms or dorm rooms, yet still offer a full, weighted 88 key keyboard, three pedals, and decent construction.
YOUR PERFECT ELECTRIC PIANO: WHAT TO LOOK FOR?
To start, these are the main factors you should consider when purchasing a new digital piano for beginners:
High-end digital pianos are crazy expensive, some costing as much as a new car! If that’s up to your alley, then go for it; but do your research first. If you want bang for your buck, you’ve come to the right place.
If you’re just starting out, all you really need is a digital piano that facilitates the practice of proper piano technique. Experienced players might want keyboards with sound-shaping or detailed recording facilities. We’ll briefly cover what you can expect and why certain features are essential.
True beginners might be a bit apprehensive about starting with an expensive digital piano. What if you find it’s not for you? Well, it’s perfectly fine to start out with a cheaper digital piano or even a keyboard. Upgrades are always available down the line when needed.
This is a minor consideration, but if you’re living in a small apartment, you might want to avoid a furniture-like console.
Bigger isn’t always better with digital pianos, and slab-style versions are still worth checking out. In fact, our lists offer recommendations from both categories.
List Of Best Electric Pianos for Beginners/Students (Digital Pianos):-
Yamaha YDP103 Arius Series Digital Console Piano
Available in black or dark rosewood, Yamaha’s YDP103 is the entry-level model in the company’s popular Arius Series. It has a full 88 key Graded Hammer Standard keyboard for a heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end, tactile, matte black keytops, and three realistic pedals.
With 10 voices, the Advanced Wave Memory Stereo Sampling recreates natural instrument sound in stereo, and dual-mode lets you combine two voices, like piano and strings. A cable can be used to hook up iOS devices and use the “Digital Piano Controller” app that lets you adjust settings, choose Voices, and record performances. It can surely be one of the best electric pianos for beginners.
- Graded hammer standard weighted action
- iOS compatibility
- Advanced Wave Memory stereo sampling
- Bench included
- No Bluetooth connectivity
Yamaha YDP103 Arius Series Piano with Bench, Dark Rosewood
- Your purchase includes One Yamaha Arius Series, YDP103 model | Bench, Owner’s manual & Quick Operation Guide
- Piano dimensions – 53-7/16” W x 32-1/16” H x 16-5/8” | Weight – 82 lbs. | Number of pedals – 3 | Max polyphony – 64 | Number of voices – 10 | Headphones – (2) Standard Stereo phone jack | No recording nor playback capabilities
- GHS weighted action is heavier in the low keys and lighter in the high keys, just like an acoustic piano
- The special matte black key tops are designed to absorb moisture and remain tactile after extended use without becoming slippery
- The controller app for iOS devices adds a rich graphical user interface, allowing for quick and easy navigation and configuration
Roland F-140R-CB Compact Digital Piano
Available in classic black or elegant white, with a compact, contemporary design that makes this ideal for smaller living spaces or even bedrooms, the F-140R gets Roland’s piano is a tech in a smaller package. There are built-in stereo speakers and Roland’s “Headphones 3D Ambience” effect that offers an immersive experience during private practice.
This electric/digital piano gives you 72 different rhythm styles for a variety of musical genres with onboard recording, and non-piano sounds, such as organ, guitar, bass, and synths. The keys have an ivory feel and boast Progressive Hammer Action with advanced sensing tech to make the most of Roland’s “Supernatural Piano” sound engine’s tonal range.
This electric keyboard/piano has some really neat connectivity options. As well as hooking up to a computer via USB, you can connect your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth and tap a pedal to turn an app’s sheet music pages wirelessly.
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity
- Headphones 3D Ambience effect
- Compact, low profile, slimline design
- No bench
Roland F-140R Compact 88 Console Digital Piano with Bluetooth MIDI/USB and Weighted Hammer-Action Keyboard with Ivory Feel, Stereo Speakers, Key Cover, Satin White Finish (F-140R-WH)
$1,369.99 in stock
- Roland’s industry-leading piano technologies in a stylish, affordable instrument for smaller living spaces
- SuperNATURAL Piano delivers the rich, authentic tone of a real acoustic grand
- Connect your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth technology for wireless remote control, learning games, and digital sheet music with Roland's Piano Partner 2 app.
- PHA-4 Standard Keyboard features high-resolution sensing that maximizes the vast tonal potential of the Supernatural Piano sound engine
- Explore a world of instruments beyond the acoustic piano with 305 additional tones that include electric pianos, strings, organs, guitars, brass, synthesizers, and many others
Donner DDP-100 Digital Piano
A great option for beginners, our budget choice nonetheless boasts an 88 key full-size heavy hammer weighted keyboard, soft, sostenuto and sustain foot pedals and a streamlined wooden cabinet with sliding cover to protect the keys. There’s a USB port, as well as an audio input and audio output for external speakers or headphones.
The 128 polyphony DDP-100’s audio has Advanced Wave Memory tech. It has a sampling system that creates the realistic sound of an acoustic piano, promising smooth and fine high notes, and vigorous and rich low notes. The ease of its controls certainly makes it one of the best electric pianos for beginners.
- 50-watt stereo speakers
- AWM sampling
- No Bluetooth
- No bench
Donner DDP-100 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano, Beginner Bundle with Furniture Stand, Power Adapter, Triple Pedals, MP3 Function, Black
- Donner 88-key fully-weighted action digital piano, precisely matching the finger strength changes, restore the true piano's finger strength, more stable and feel better.
- Test and adjust the details of timbre repeatedly , making the sound more realistic and excellent, help you develop a keen ability to distinguish sound.
- Input and play MP3, built-in amplifier, support external sound or headphone to meet the needs of different occasions.
- Streamlined design, wooden cabinet with sliding key cover to protect the key.
- 128 polyphony , have one pure tones sampled from real acoustic grand pianos . Guarantee the quality of your practice and performance.
Casio PX860 Privia Digital Home Piano
The flagship of Casio’s Privia line, the PX-860 has the company’s proprietary sound source ‘AiR’ (Acoustic and intelligent Resonator), which provides the sound of a nine-foot concert grand piano in stereo at four dynamic levels with the sympathetic resonance of the sound of strings.
Helping create that realistic piano experience is Casio’s 88 note Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keyboard with simulated ebony and ivory textured keys that have three sensors to closely reflect how hard the keys are pressed.
It has 256 notes of polyphony, four speakers, a choice of 18 instrument tones, and a 20-watt plus 20-watt amplifier. It has USB connectivity, split and layer capability to play bass on the left and have two layered tones in the right, and duet mode, which splits the keyboard into two equal ranges. So, a student and teacher can use the piano simultaneously.
- 256 note polyphony
- Duet mode
- Acoustic and Intelligent Resonator (AiR) processor
- No Bluetooth
- No bench
Casio PX860 BK Privia Digital Home Piano, Black with Power Supply
- Keys: 88 Ebony and Ivory feel
- Keyboard - Action: Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard II; Touch Response: 3 sensitivity levels, off; Key Off Simulator: Yes
- Sound - Source: Multi Dimensional Morphing Air
- 3 year manufacturer extended warranty
Korg G1 Air Digital Piano
From well-respected electronic musical instrument specialists Korg, maker of the multiple award-winning KRONOS keyboard, and based on decades of piano sound tech, comes the high-end G1 Air digital piano.
It is capable of producing the sound world’s finest concert grand pianos offering multiple-layer samples and digital recreation of grand piano string and damper resonance for realism. At the same time, the RH3 keyboard accurately simulates acoustic piano touch and response from gentle pianissimo to powerful fortissimo.
- Bluetooth audio playback
- 80-watt stereo speakers
- Recording functionality
- High cost
- No bench
Korg G1 Air 88-Key Digital Piano - Black
- The sound of 3 of the world's finest concert grand pianos
- Multiple-layer samples & digital recreation of grand piano string & damper resonance for ultimate realism
- RH3 keyboard accurately simulates acoustic piano touch & response, well developed amplification & speaker system
- Contemporary design cabinet available in 4 color options, bluetooth audio playback
- Stand, 3-pedal system (Damper, Soft, Sostenuto), and AC adapter included
Which digital piano is best for you is largely going to be down to what you can afford. These are all very worthy full-size, 88 key pianos with built-in speakers and three pedals, but the price varies by literally thousands. The Yamaha YDP103 Arius Series Digital Console Piano is a capable and competent digital piano from the long-established brand, Yamaha. It boasts some clever tech to replicate the experience of playing an acoustic piano, but in a much more manageable design.
Its iOS compatibility will appeal to students, so they can hook the piano up to their iPhone or iPad and make the most of the excellent piano apps available.
That’s all for our extensive list of the best electric pianos for beginners/students. If you’re a music enthusiast and you want to up your audio game at your home then you can check our list of best multi room wireless speaker systems that will provide you an immersive audio experience at your home.