Best Gifts for Teenage Boys- The Ultimate Buying Guide 2020
- Coupons and Deals are valid at the time of posting and it may expire anytime.
- We may get a commission if you purchase this Product from the Seller. But It does not add any additional cost to the buyer while buying products.
- Join our FB Group for Daily Deals!!
As opinionated as teenage boys are, they can be a bit hard to read. It can be difficult to get them to speak in more than one-word sentences, much less get thorough insights into their tastes. To find the best gifts for teenage guys that will put smiles on the faces of this particularly tough audience, Read on for thoughts on the best gifts for young athletes (a heated foot massager), whether an Xbox is still a good idea (it is), and who makes the best fleece (Patagonia, of course).
Best Gifts for Teenage boys : Ps4/ Computer Games
Video games are one of the most popular tech gifts for teenage guys . There are endless options to choose from, but a sure bet, according to 14-year-old Jeremy, is to go for “the 2020 version of popular sports games.” These games are updated every year with new players and features, and if someone has been playing the 2019 edition, it’s safe to assume they’ll want the latest.
Madden NFL 20
Three of the teen boys we talked to say Madden NFL 21 (available for Xbox One and PS4) is at the top of their list, including 12-year-old Mateus, who has been playing the 2019 version with his brother. “As soon as they release the new game, they stop updating the old one,” he says, adding that the new one also has some new features he’s excited about, like an option for creating your own custom player, or using players from the past. If the teenage boy on your list isn’t into football, there’s always FIFA 20 and NBA 2K20 (available for Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch), as well as NHL 20 (available for Xbox One and PS4) — all of which were also mentioned.
Madden NFL 20 (PS4)
$31.04 in stock
4 used from $18.43
- Face of the Franchise: QB1 - Be the Face of an NFL franchise where the decisions you make matter in your journey to become an NFL Superstar.
- Franchise - Simulate a full NFL career and leave your legacy as a player, coach or owner with single-player and multiplayer online-connected leagues.
- Ultimate Team - Compete in the ultimate NFL fantasy team-building mode featuring your favourite NFL players from the past and present.
- Exhibition - Compete in head-to-head online and offline games (single and multi-player) or single player offline against the CPU
Call of Duty: Modern Warefare
“A lot of my friends are really excited about the latest Call of Duty ,” says Sean. Jeremy. He also thinks that this game would make a it to a list of cool gifts for 16 year old boy like him. He doesn’t personally play it, but told us, “I know a lot of people like it.” It’s available for Xbox One and PS4.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - PlayStation 4
$32.90 in stock
29 used from $32.90
- In the visceral and dramatic single-player story campaign, the stakes have never been higher as players take on the role of lethal tier one operators in a heart-racing saga that will affect the global balance of power.
- Experience the ultimate online playground with classic multiplayer.
- Squad-up and play cooperatively in a collection of elite operations accessible to all skill levels.
Tech Gifts for Teenage Guys
RazorX DLX Electric Skateboard
Matt, an 18-year-old who just started his first year of college, says he’s hoping to get this Razor electric skateboard. “It would be so easy and fun to go around campus with,” he says. According to the company, the skateboard can reach speeds up to 12 miles per hour, and the battery is made to last through 40 minutes of continuous use. Riders control the speed with an included remote, and if it ever runs out of juice, it also works as a standard, old-fashioned skateboard. It can be one of the best Christmas gift ideas for teenage guys like him.
RazorX DLX Electric Skateboard
$144.96 in stock
6 used from $144.96
- The versatile RazorX DLX features a kick-to-start, 150-watt, hub motor, providing lithium-ion-powered electric skateboarding action at speeds up to 12 mph (19 km/h) for up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- 34. 25” (870 mm) long, twin-tip, high quality 7-ply maple deck delivers a lightweight, responsive ride perfect for cruising
- Includes a wireless (24 GHz) remote with wrist strap (replaceable) for variable-speed control of the electrifying carve-and-turn action
- Additional features include ground-gripping urethane wheels and custom, reverse kingpin trucks for enhanced stability, perforated grip tape and rear-drive, hub motor with no alignment issues, chain or belt
- Recommended for ages 9 and up; supports riders up to 220 pounds
JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Bluetooth speakers are an excellent go-to gift for teen boys. What do teenage boys love quite blasting meaningless music at the very best possible volume? Sean told us that JBL is known to make some of the best, and a lot of his classmates have them. He is hoping to get this one, which he says is “small enough that you can bring it with you, but very loud.” It’s also waterproof. All in all, It can be a great birthday gift idea for teen boys.
JBL FLIP 4 - Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Black
3 used from $78.94
- Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing impressive stereo sound
- Built-in 3000mAh rechargeable li-ion battery Supports up to 12 hours of playtime
- Ipx7 waterproof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge flip 4 in water
- JBL connect+ allows you to Link more than 100 JBL connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the party
- Dual external passive radiators demonstrate just how powerful your speaker is
Crosley Cruiser 3-Speed Bluetooth Suitcase Turntable
Believe it or not, teenagers are into vinyl. Sean says that an all-in-one style record player with built-in speakers could be one of the best gifts for male teens who are getting into records. He thinks something like this, which has a built-in Bluetooth, would be very practical: I don’t have many records, so it would be nice to have something that can connect to the phone, also to Bluetooth speaker. (If you want to get something a little more serious, another option would be this Bluetooth-enabled Audio-Technica turntable from our roundup of DJ-recommended record players.)
Crosley Cruiser Deluxe Vintage 3-Speed Bluetooth Suitcase Turntable, Green
- Built-in Bluetooth receiver lets you stream your music wirelessly to the Cruiser's dynamic full-range speakers
- Adjustable pitch control
- Belt driven portable turntable plays 3 speeds: 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM records
- Dynamic full range stereo speakers
- RCA and headphone Jack outputs
Cool clothes for teenage guys
Champion LIFE Pullover Hoodie
Comfortable clothing always makes it to the list of good gifts for teenage guys. It was mentioned by every single teenage boy we spoke with hoodies, especially. “Hoodies are great, and I could always use some more,” says Sean. He’s a big fan of the classic Champion hoodie and would want one in a simple color like blue, black, or gray. Antonio also told us he can’t get enough Champion hoodies: “I already have a gray one, so maybe black or red.”
Champion LIFE Men's Pullover Hoodie, Thermal Green-586047, Medium
$65.44 in stock
- 13.25 inch 3D floss stitch vintage script on twill
- Heavyweight (12 oz)
- Cut on the cross-grain to reduce length shrinkage
- Signature 1 x 1 rib side panels for increased range of motion; cotton drawcord with knotted ends; front kanga pocket; C patch logo on left sleeve
- Double needle construction for extra durability; loose fit
Nike Sportswear Club Fleece Pullover Hoodie
Sean and Mateus both named Nike together of the simplest brands for casual, comfortable clothing, and that we think this hoodie would be another great all-purpose option for the teenage boy you’re shopping for. It’s made from a comfortable and breathable cotton-poly blend, and even though a lot of the boys want clothing in black and gray, we think this green is almost as neutral and a little different. This one also features a vintage athletic look that tons of the boys told us they like. The comfort and quality of this hoodie makes this product land up in our handpicked list of best gifts for teenage guys.
Under Armour Fleece Sweat Pants
Under Armour was also named as a popular clothing brand by Sean and Mateus, who told us that he really likes the look of the brand’s short-sleeve hoodies. “You can show off your muscles,” he jokes, and the shorter sleeves mean it would also be comfortable “in the spring, or inside.” Mateus is also a fan of Under Armour sweatpants. “I’d probably wear them everywhere; at school or at home.” He couldn’t decide on a color but says black or gray are both good options.
As mentioned by Sean And Mateus, the style quotient and the comfort of this product makes it worthy of it’s price. Thus, It helps us to add this product into list of favorite “teenager boy gifts”.
Under Armour Men's Rival Fleece Joggers , Black (001)/Black , Large
1 used from $32.64
- Ultra soft, 230g cotton blend fleece
- Material wicks sweat & dries really fast
- Soft & stretchy ribbed waistband with external drawcord
- Open hand pockets
- Tapered leg fit with ribbed cuffs
Best shoes for teenage guys
Vans Old Skool Sneakers
Sneakers are really popular among the teenage boys we spoke to. I need more casual stuff, says Jack. He singled out these Vans Old Skool sneakers as a great option. And if Jack’s opinion isn’t convincing enough, you can shop easily knowing that our Resident Cool Guy, Chris Black, is also a big fan of the brand.
The style quotient and the VANS most popular “Old School” X Factor makes it a cool gift for 16 year old boy like him.
adidas Running Ultraboost 19
Matt told us he would love some new running shoes. If you’re shopping for a budding track star (or just a teen boy who likes to jog now and then), he suggests these “because they are nice-looking, and you can just slip them on your feet and keep them tied or untied. They’re comfortable and good for running, too, because they’re shock-absorbing.” We also featured a different pair of Ultraboosts in our roundup of the best monochromatic sneakers, according to stylish guys.
We certainly agree to to Matt’s Opinion and thus it makes Ultaboost 19 one of the best birthday gift ideas for teen boys who are into sports or running.
Games and gift cards for teenage boys
Spikeball Game Set
If the teenage boy you have in mind has a yard at his home, or live close to a park, Smith says he and his friends believe SpikeBall is “the best game to play outside (or even indoors with enough space).” The classic activity follows a simple set of rules: there are two teams, and every player on each team must touch the ball before it returns to the net, never letting it touch the ground. If they don’t, the other team takes a point. First to 21 wins!
As Smith said , it’s a purely fun outdoor activity. We can definitely consider it as one of the best Christmas gift ideas for teenage guys
Spikeball Game Set - Played Outdoors, Indoors, Lawn, Yard, Beach, Tailgate, Park - Includes 1 Ball, Drawstring Bag, and Rule Book - Game for Boys, Girls, Teens, Adults, Family
7 used from $49.05
- FOUR PLAYER ACTION – Spikeball is a fun, active, and competitive (if you want it to be) 2 on 2 game played with rules kind of like volleyball; Enjoy outdoors, indoors, lawn, yard, beach, gym, tailgate, family get togethers, vacations, virtually anywhere and for any event
- FOLDABLE LEGS make the product tougher. Errant dives and falls happen, these legs can take the abuse. Bonus! Easier to store Spikeball in your trunk, closet or garage
- ADJUSTABLE NET – Play at the tournament standard or tailor the net tightness to your preference. More bounce for newer players, Less bounce for advanced
- CARRYING BAG - Always have something to pack your game in with the included carrying bag!
- SHIPS IN A SPIKEBALL BRANDED BOX! Choose "Ship in Amazon Packaging" at Checkout if it is a surprise!
Target Gift Card
If you’re truly confused about what can be a good gift for boys, one thing we learned from our mini-focus group of teenage boys: they love gift cards. “Gift cards are amazing for anything and everything,” says Jeremy. When someone doesn’t know what to get him, he says a gift card from Target or Amazon is best: “They have everything.”
Of all the gifts to find gifts for, teens may be the hardest. They’re beyond the fun toy-shopping stage (except sometimes), they have firm opinions on what they want (or, more likely, what they don’t want), and they’re old enough to make a wish list for you, but you still want to surprise them. And, if you get it wrong, they’ll definitely let you know about it. Thankfully, you don’t have to retreat and default to gift cards (even though those are always appreciated).
Apple App Store and iTunes Gift Card
Jack also recommends gifting an Apple Music subscription. “It’s amazing, and I use it every day. I think it would be an awesome gift.” Unfortunately, there is no option to gift an actual subscription, but if you buy an iTunes gift card, the balance can be applied toward an Apple Music subscription. A physical gift card is a nice touch, but you can also buy an electronic version on your way to the holiday party and have it sent via email.
Apple music now has become a part of our daily lifestyles owing to it’s amazing interface and it’s curated playlists according to user’s preferences. Thus it makes it one of the good tech gifts for teenage guys