Best Electronic /Smart/Digital Door Locks of 2020
- Coupons and Deals are valid at the time of posting and it may expire anytime.
- We may get a commission if you purchase this Product from the Seller. But It does not add any additional cost to the buyer while buying products.
- Join our FB Group for Daily Deals!!
Why to choose a smart door lock (Electronic Keyless Door Lock)?
Was your car made in this century? If so, chances are it has an electronic keyless entry system. Your home should have one too! Imagine how nice it would be not to juggle your grocery or shopping bags, luggage, and anything else while searching for your key and trying to jiggle it in the lock each time you come. Picture being able to walk right up to your door and open it with no key at all. This is what an electronic keyless system can do for you. However, with your family’s safety and belongings on the line, no ordinary electronic keyless will do.
You want the best electronic keyless door lock for your budget and lifestyle needs. While there are plenty of great electronic keyless door locks out there to choose from, our comprehensive smart door lock (Electronic Keyless Door Lock) reviews will point you in the right direction and help you find the best option for you and your home.
What to look for while buying an electronic door lock (Smart Door Lock)?
When shopping for an smart door lock (electronic keyless door lock), there are a few factors to consider:
- Lock Type: Smart door locks are available two types: deadbolt and lever-style. The former is meant to exchange your existing deadbolt, while the latter has the lock and door-opening lever in one. Deadbolts are the most common, but lever locks are becoming more common.
- Design: Your smart door lock should blend in together with your home decor. Most locks are available in a variety of styles and finishes, such as brass, silver, and bronze.
- Connectivity: So as to regulate and monitor a sensible door lock remotely, you’ve got to attach it to your home network. This can be done in one of several ways. Zigbee, Z-Wave, and Bluetooth are the foremost popular radios built into smart locks, as they require little power.Most smart door locks require that you connect the lock to a bridge of some kind, like the August Connect module, or a smart home hub, such as the Samsung SmartThings or Amazon Echo Plus. Relatively few smart locks have Wi-Fi inbuilt, because it requires tons of power, and can have you ever-changing batteries more frequently.
- Smart home compatibility: A smart door lock should be ready to work with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Homekit, which allows you to tie them into other smart home devices. So, for instance, if you say “Siri, Goodnight,” Apple’s assistant will close up your lights and lock your doors automatically. If you’ve got a home security system, you’ll also connect some door locks thereto, in order that they’ll automatically lock once you leave home.
List of Best Smart Door Locks ( Electronic Door Locks)
Schlage Lock Company BE489WB CAM 619 Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Camelot Trim In Satin Nickel, Lock
3 used from $202.95
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to lock/unlock from anywhere - no additional accessories required. Pair with the Schlage Home app or Key by Amazon app to create and manage up to 100 access codes for trusted friends and family for recurring, temporary or permanent access
- Works with Alexa. Check the status of your lock and lock/unlock your door. In addition, Alexa will let you know when your battery is running low or set-up smart reorders through Amazon Dash Replenishment so you always have replacement batteries when needed.
- Fingerprint-resistant, capacitive touchscreen with easy one-touch locking. The optional voice control offers hands-free convenience when using voice-enabled products
- Built-in alarm technology senses potential security breaches at the lock, while the low battery indicator offers advanced warning for battery replacement
- Easy to install with just a screwdriver. Unique Snap ‘n Stay technology snaps the deadbolt onto the door so both hands are free during installation
If someone tries you tamper with your lock, a loud alarm is a good deterrent. The Schlage Encode is our pick for the simplest smart door lock with an alarm because it will blat out an earsplitting siren within the attempt of a break-in.
As well as an excellent combination of a manual, keycode and remote-controlled lock, the Schlage Encode supports the Amazon Key service, allowing an Amazon delivery person to open the door once they arrive and place your packages inside the house. That feature makes them less likely to be stolen. Amazon Key requires a security camera, which costs extra. The lock supports Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can easily integrate it with your Smart Home system, but there is no support for Apple’s HomeKit.
- Supports Amazon Key
- Simple installation and setup
- Built-in alarm
- No support for Apple HomeKit
Yale Real Living Assure SL
Yale Assure Lock SL - Key Free Smart Lock with Touchscreen Keypad - Works with Apple HomeKit and Siri (YRD256iM1619) in Satin Nickel
3 used from $193.59
- Lock and unlock your door by asking Siri or with the Apple home app, when you're at home
- Access from anywhere when you have an Apple TV (4TH GEN or later) near your front door
- Create daily schedules to ensure your door is locked at the same time each day
- Fits on standard doors 1 3/8 inch to 2 1/4 inch thick with 2 1/8 inch face bore hole
- Enter your 4 - 8 digit pin code on the backlit touchscreen keypad to unlock - create unique pin codes for friends and family within the Yale secure app
Multiple smart home standards make the Yale Real Living Assure SL one among the simplest smart door locks available. It works with Alexa, Google Home, HomeKit, and SmartThings. That means you can control it from your smartphone, whether you have one of the best iPhones or best Android phones, or a smart speaker like the Amazon Echo, Google Nest Mini or Google Nest Hub Max.
The Assure SL smart lock is a beautiful, well-designed lock that’s easy to put in. If the battery runs out, you can give it a temporary boost by touching a 9V battery to two contacts underneath the keypad.
- Support for Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Apple HomeKit
- Attractive, simple design
- Touch screen sometimes takes a few touches to reply
August Smart Lock
August Smart Lock - Keyless Home Entry with Your Smartphone - Silver
$89.99 in stock
6 used from $64.66
- Add an August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge (sold separately) to remotely lock/unlock and monitor your door as well to integrate with Alexa, Google Assistant, Airbnb, Home Away Simplisafe and others.
- Secure, keyless entry for your smart home. Lock and unlock your door, control, keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone. Works with your existing single-cylinder deadbolt
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt, so everyone can still use their keys.
- Send guest keys from anywhere instantly—all from the August app.
- Control access for anyone. Grant access for a few weeks, a few hours, a few minutes. It’s up to you.
If you want to add some smarts to your home without spending too much, the August Smart Door Lock has most of the features you’ll need, at a reasonable price. You can devour this smart, full-featured lock at very good price
If you rent your home, the August Smart Lock is the best smart door lock, as it’s very simple to install on top of an extant deadlock without replacing the cylinder or key. There’s no need to replace the cylinder; it will continue to work with your existing keys, keeping your landlord happy. And, once you move out, you’ll quickly and simply remove the lock and replace it with the old one, keeping your deposit safe.
Note that you simply also will need the $65 August Connect module if you would like to regulate and monitor the lock remotely. That module can handle multiple locks, so it’s an excellent low-cost pick for adding remote to many doors directly. The only thing missing is support for Apple Homekit.
- Easy to install
- Works with HomeKit, Alexa, Google Assistant and more
- Auto-Lock and Auto-Unlock features
- August Connect module sold separately
- No Apple HomeKit nor Amazon Key support
Kwikset Halo Touch Traditional Arched Wi-Fi Fingerprint Smart Lock No Hub Required Featuring SmartKey Security in Venetian Bronze (99590-002)
$222.53 in stock
4 used from $163.16
- Keyless entry with just your fingerprint: Halo Touch smart door lock stores up to 100 fingerprints (50 users), so you can easily share access with your family and friends
- Wi-Fi Enabled: HALO Touch is a Wi-Fi connected fingerprint door lock that connects directly to your home Wi-Fi network and smartphone for a secure smart home that does not require a third party smart home hub, panel or subscription
- SmartKey Security: Protects against advanced break-in techniques and allows you to re-key your lock yourself in seconds
- Kwikset App Controlled: Manage your deadbolt lock from anywhere; Remotely lock and unlock your electronic deadbolt, manage users, set schedules, and check the status of your front door
- Receive Notifications: Monitor home security with notifications of your lock's activity and view the lock event history from your smartphone using the Kwikset app
While electronic door locks make it easy to unlock and lock your door using a smartphone or keypad, sometimes you just want a plain old key. But, if you have a rental property, this can be an issue if you’re worried that someone has made a bunch of copies.
That’s why we just like the Kwikset Halo; it’s a rekeyable lock, which was dead simple to use. Plus, this electronic door lock connects directly to your Wi-Fi network, is compatible with both Alexa and Google Assistant, and has some good theft-deterrent features built into its touchscreen.
- Intuitive app
- Easy-to-manage key codes
- SmartKey system lets you rekey the lock
- The touch screen can be slow to respond
- The SmartScreen security feature isn’t obvious to novice users
Lockly Secure Pro
Lockly Secure Pro | Bluetooth Fingerprint WiFi Keyless Entry Smart Door Lock (PGD 728W) Patented Keypad | 3D Fingerprint Reader | iOS and Android Compatible (Dead Bolt, Satin Nickel)
$252.99 in stock
6 used from $220.00
- YOUR FINGER IS YOUR KEY: Unlock your door using the built-in advanced 3D fingerprint sensor. Unlike other smart locks, Lockly only uses high-quality capacitive fingerprint sensors which only recognizes fingerprints unlike less secure optical readers. Stores up to 99 unique fingerprints.
- PEEK-PROOF DIGITAL KEYPAD: Patented PIN Genie technology makes it nearly impossible to guess your personal access code (even if someone is watching) when entering your PIN number by always shuffling number locations on the secure, backlit keypad.
- CONVENIENCE - WIFI HUB INCLUDED: Lock and unlock your home, office, or rental property door all from the convenience of your iOS or Android smartphone via secure Bluetooth connection or WiFi anywhere in the world. Includes two backup physical keys for peace of mind.
- KNOW WHO IS COMING AND GOING: Stores all access history so you can review who is coming and going anytime from your mobile phone. Great for keeping track of family members as they arrive home. Grant one-time use or specific time duration access by issuing codes or digital eKeys remotely via your mobile phone. Guests can access using their mobile phone, even without an internet or cellular connection.
- EASY DIY INSTALLATION AND VOICE: Replaces existing deadbolt with basic household tools in about 15 minutes. Fits both left and right swinging standard doors, 1 3/8 to 2 inches thick. Requires 2 1/8 inch face bore hole. Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
With the Lockly Secure Pro, the sole key you’ll need is your finger; one touch to the fingerprint reader on the proper side of the lock body opens the lock. You can also open the door by entering a code, and cleverly, the touchscreen keypad shifts the numbers around, so thieves can’t guess your code by looking at finger smudges.
Another unusual feature is that the Secure Plus maybe a lever lock; most smart locks are deadbolts. For that, you’ll need either a $70 Wi-Fi adapter or to spring for the $299 Lockly Secure Pro, a separate model with built-in Wi-Fi that lets it connect to Alexa and Google Home.
- The lock can be opened with a fingerprint
- Includes a manual lock
- Can’t unlock remotely without buying WiFi adapter
- No built-in support for Alexa, Google Home or HomeKit
Nest X Yale
Google Nest x Yale Lock with Nest Connect - Tamper-Proof Smart Lock for Keyless Entry - Keypad Deadbolt Lock for Front Door - Works with Nest Secure Alarm System - [Nickel]
- Secure and Tamper Proof: Replaces the deadbolt you already have. If someone tries to tamper with it, you'll get an alert. If the batteries start running low, you'll know right away. And if your lock loses power, you can quickly charge it with a 9V battery to unlock the door.
- Let Someone In From Anywhere: Unlock your door from your Nest app. Create passcodes for family, guests and people you trust. Get alerts whenever someone unlocks and locks the door. And when Nest knows you’re away, your door can lock automatically.
- Works with Google Assistant: Check the status of your door and lock it from anywhere hands‑free with the Google Assistant. You can also enter a passcode, use one‑touch locking, or lock it from the Nest app.
- Touchscreen Keypad: No phone? No problem. Unlock your Nest x Yale Lock by entering your passcode on the touchscreen keypad. Create passcodes for people you trust.
“Google, lock the front entrance .” If you’re a Google household, you would like a lock that speaks to the Google Assistant smart home system. The best smart lock that offers this feature is the Nest X Yale, a neatly designed lock that works very well with Google Assistant. Locks from August and Schlage also support Google Assistant, but the Nest X Yale Smart Door Lock is the more elegant and one of the best smart door locks if you are invested in the Nest or Google Assistant systems.
- Simple installation process
- integrates with other Nest devices
- No support for Amazon Alexa or HomeKit
Kwikset 99190-001 Premis Traditional Arched Touchscreen Keyless Entry Smart Lock Apple HomeKit Featuring SmartKey Security in Satin Nickel
8 used from $137.83
- Premis is an Apple HomeKit (only) enabled touchscreen smart lock
- Use Siri voice control to check lock history; remote access to monitor, lock, and unlock from anywhere using the Kwikset Premis iOS app and Apple TV (4th generation or newer) or HomePod
- Security features: ANSI/BHMA Grade 2 Certified, SecureScreen, optional auto lock, optional alarm for incorrect codes, and more.Projection:1.19 inch
- SmartKey re key technology compatible with Kwikset (KW1) keyway only. Tamper Resistant Cover
- Latch has adjustable backset 2 3/8" to 2 3/4" to fit most standard door preparations (please check your door measurements prior to purchase)
The Premis may be a smart, simple electronic keypad door lock for those that want to supply entry with keys, codes and a smartphone app. The low-profile keypad looks smart, but still offers a manual key option for the Luddites in your house; Homekit support means you’ll control it through Siri or the Premis app. The latter also allows you to create keycodes that provide limited access, such as allowing the dog walker in during the day but not at night. There is no support for Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant nor Google Home, though, so you can’t check the lock from your Amazon Echo.
- Support for keycodes and remote operation
- Supports Apple HomeKit
- Rekeyable lock
- No support for Alexa or Google Home
- No Android app
Kwikset 99540-002 Obsidian Keyless Z-Wave Electronic Touchscreen Deadbolt, Venetian Bronze
$198.84 in stock
- Sleek, low-profile design with a glass-like surface that has patented SecureScreen technology to help prevent code detection from fingerprints on the touchscreen
- Does not work via zigbee or amazon key, and is incompatible with xfinity
- Works With Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub are sold separately)
- Expand your security system solution with home connect technology, your Obsidian keyless entry lock will now communicate wirelessly to security and home automation systems via z-wave Plus
- Enter your home with user codes instead of having to carry keys and when the batteries are low you'll be notified with an audible beep and visual flash
You’ll never forget your keys with this electronic door lock because there aren’t any. The Kwikset Obsidian with Home Connect may be a keycode, deadbolt lock with a sensible, minimalist keypad that lights abreast of touch. Tap during a code (it can delay to 30) and this best smart door lock opens. Using the Obsidian may be a simple thanks to controlling access to a basement or headquarters without fear about keys.
A feature called SecureScreen prompts you to touch random digits before you enter your code, so others can’t guess your code by fingerprint smudges. However, in order to control or monitor the lock remotely, you’ll need a compatible Z-Wave hub, such as Samsung SmartThings. If the four AA batteries run out at the wrong moment, you can give the lock a boost by touching a 9V battery to the two terminals underneath the touch panel.
- Clear installation process
- Clean, striking design
- Sometimes takes a few touches to respond
- Requires Z-Wave hub to work with Alexa, Google Assistant
The Level Lock smart door lock distinguishes itself from all other smart locks therein, once installed, its mechanism is totally hidden from sight. That’s because all of its workings fit neatly inside your door. So, not only does this mean you don’t have to mar the appearance of your door with a gadget, but it also means that you’re not advertising to others that you have a smart lock. And, because the Level Lock uses your door’s hardware, you can still continue to use your keys to lock and unlock the door.
The Level Lock works with HomeKit but doesn’t work with Alexa or Google Assistant. And, because it only has Bluetooth inbuilt, you will need a HomeKit smart home hub nearby if you would like to remotely monitor and control the lock. These limitations aside, the extent Lock performed well in our tests.
- Fits completely inside the door
- Doesn’t work with Alexa, Google Assistant
- No door-open alert
Buy Level Lock Now: https://level.co/shop/level-lock
Wyze Smart Lock
Wyze Lock WiFi & Bluetooth Enabled Smart Door Lock, Wireless & Keyless Door Entry, Hands-Free Voice Control, Home Security, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Fits on Most Deadbolts, Includes Wyze Gateway
1 used from $95.02
- Wyze smart lock: Lock or unlock your door from anywhere using the Wyze app. Wyze Lock connects to your WiFi via the included Wyze Lock Gateway. Enable auto-lock and auto-unlock to never have to think about keys or codes again
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Simple sharing: Wyze Lock lets you easily share access to your home with friends, family, contractors, dog walkers, and really, whoever you want. See a history of lock and unlock events. Wyze Lock gives you complete control of who has access to your home
- Door position detection: Wyze Lock not only tells you the lock status, but also if the door is open or closed. Unlike other locks, Wyze Lock has a built-in gyroscope to know the position of the door. No need for separate sensors
- Keyless door entry: Simply walk up to your door and have it unlock automatically and then lock behind you once you're inside. Purchase Wyze Lock Keypad and Wyze Cam separately for added security and surveillance. Works with your current key and deadbolt.
Wyze made a reputation for itself by making many of the simplest cheap smart home devices. The Wyze smart door lock is that the company’s third product, and is extremely good—and very cheap—too. The Wyze smart lock was easy to line up and even easier to use and integrates well with Wyze’s other products. However, as of our review, it had yet to support any other smart home systems, such as Alexa and Google Assistant, which limits its usefulness.
- Simple, clean design
- Easy to install, does not require new keys
- Option to add a keypad for entry codes
- No support for Alexa/Google/Homekit at present
- Requires the included Gateway to connect to Wi-Fi
Using your fingerprint to unlock the front entrance could seem like sci-fi, but the longer term is here! We pushed through all the high-tech razzle-dazzle to seek out the best smart and electronic keyless door locks for your home.
That’s all for our list of best smart door locks which will help you boost up the security layer of your home. If you’re a music buff and you want to pump your audio game at home, you can check our list of best multiroom wireless speaker systems for your home.